14 March, 2024

No Jacket, No Scarf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wide open arms 
in a bistro chair shape,
pull in bundles of air.
celebrating the outdoors____
the soul inside,
wears no jacket, no scarf
no gloves.
there is resolve 
to enjoy the full hug
of enthusiasm
for not being inside
an organized tangle of angles____
ninety degree barriers, 
storing a stale atmosphere 
that wears on the psyche.
when sunshine glares, 
tell it how you feel 
about being happy,
about being successful
or being annoyed 
by loud brain voices 
telling you maybe...
You can do more 
than hug air. 


M.Flannery
March 2024

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recent poems are emerging from a sort of gray scale interlude. My brain voice is singing off key random sentences about spring, summer will be here tomorrow guilt trips, and you might become sick if you lose thirty pounds before June. To my credit, I was going to make cupcakes, but I threw away the mix. 

2 comments:

Becki said...

I enjoy your poems, May. Turns of phrases that tickle my brain and make me smile or simply sigh

Coffee Frappes & Seashells said...

Thank you, Becki
Brain tickles are good.